- Transport Planner / Operations Assistant
- Sandycroft & Hawarden
- From £17,300 p/a
- March 18, 2018
- March 18, 2018
- April 3, 2018
Transport Planner/ Operations Assistant
Our client is looking for an Operations Assistant / Transport Planner to be based out of their office in Deeside. The primary responsibility is to develop an efficient transportation route plan for store delivery orders, supports the Ops Manager, supervise team of clerical, operatives & drivers.
- Supports the Operations Manager by supervising a team of clerical, operatives & drivers
- Ensures smooth running of the department
- Parcel returns/redeliveries are tracked and/or caged or sorted/plead in relevant bays
- Planning and determined of long and short term resource needs to meet the operational requirements
- Maintains clear and effective communications
- Recommends improvements to working practices
- Supports the manager/DGM with the implementation of business changes
- Promotes required changes & helps with shaping employee’s perceptions/ideas on how best service can be provided etc.
- Working with customers/drivers and other traffic planners, planning routes and scheduling delivery times to ensure the smooth running of the operation
- Prioritising workload, route planning driver brief and de-brief Strong organisational skills for planning schedules, journeys and loads
- Proactively work to reduce late deliveries and missed time slots
- Ability to work flexibly and to make decisions quickly
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels
- A good understanding of transport regulations currently in force
- Good geographical knowledge
- Excellent administration skills, ideally in an industrial setting such as Distribution/Logistics/Supply Chain Environment • Team player with a flexible Can Do attitude • Good communication skills, interaction at all levels internal and external • Computer skills Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word • Working unsupervised, continually managing time and prioritising work to meet tight deadlines • Problem solving/logical thinking
The salary will be in the region of £17,300 per annum dependant on experience raising to a comparable salary after 13 weeks, if upholding full duties and responsibilities after this time.
Varied shifts available:
11am – 8pm (initial shift)
But maybe asked to cover on occasion.
- 6am – 3pm and 7am – 4pm
Salary dependent on experience.
If you are an experienced Transport Planner and are looking to boost your career then this role is ideal for you, if you are interested in the vacancy and would like to apply then please call 01244 560 644 or e-mail us your CV to email@example.com for immediate consideration.