- Sheet Metal Worker
- Merseyside & Cheshire
- August 8, 2018
- August 9, 2018
- September 28, 2018
Our client a mover and shaker in the Maintenance, Build, Design and Service Field specialising in all levels of metal work and assembly to include Sheet Metal Fabrication in Speke and Widnes are expanding and have acquired 2 new Units and are in the Market for skilled Sheet Metal Workers for their site in the Merseyside / Speke.
In this role as a Sheet metal workers you will be required to make metal products for the engineering, construction and manufacturing industries from flat metal sheets, including cylinders and panels.
This role sometimes requires skills in light engineering, where you might be required to manipulate and work with anything from aluminium metal sheeting for rail, automotive, pharmaceutical, chemical, paper & packaging sectors.
Your work would involve:
- -marking out sections following engineering drawings and instructions
- -shaping and cutting out sections using hand tools and computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines, like laser cutters, presses and rollers
- -finishing items with tools like grinders and polishers to smooth down rough edges
- -assembling sections, using riveting, welding and bolting methods.
- – Fabrication and finishing products
In some cases where you might be known as a SMW, you would use metal plate and weld sections to build up structures, for instance structures needing substance or support.
If you are interested in this role please call the office on 01244 560 644 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org