- Recycling Operative
- Temp to Perm
- General Labour
- North Wales
- £7.83 - £8.83
- February 5, 2019
- February 5, 2019
- April 5, 2019
As a Recycling operative/ General Labourer, you would work with recyclable materials like fabric, plastics, metals, and textiles from homes and businesses. You could also sort collected items at the waste collection site. If you care about environmental issues and have good customer service skills, this job could be ideal for you.
In this job you will need a polite manner. It is also ideal to be physically fit as you can be required to lift and carry heavy loads from time to time.
As a recycling operative you could work as part of the collection team or as part of the team sorting recyclable items at the waste recycling plant. You may sometimes work on both teams.
Your job may include from time to time:
- using lifting machinery to help you lift and sort through recyclable materials on collections and at the recycling site
- sorting waste and removing non-recyclable items
- inspecting materials for any contamination
- disassemble and break down larger recyclable products
- speaking to members of the public about recycling schemes
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment.
In some jobs your duties could also include driving the waste collection vehicle as long as you hold the right credentials and licence to fulfill this role.
Working hours and conditions
You would generally work 42 hours a week, Monday to Sunday, working 5 days out of 7 or 4 on 4 off shift rota, when working on a regular rota, with possible overtime when required.
Paying £7.83 p/h +
- In many jobs you would start work very early in the morning.
Please not that this job can be physically demanding and most collection work would be outdoors in all weather conditions.
The role of the 4 on 4 off is done in a larger warehouse where you break down consumable recyclable products.
If you are interested please contact now 01244 560644 or drop me an email with your CV attached.