- IT Technician – Aerospace
- IT support
- North Wales & Cheshire
- Upto £22k dependent on experience
- March 1, 2018
- March 1, 2018
- April 1, 2018
Our Client have exciting opportunity for an IT Technician to join our team in Chester Broughton. We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, fun work environment and opportunities for career development.
Our Client is market leader in providing a high quality controlled and cost effective metal surface treatments to improve the components strength, performance and protection against metal failures.
As an IT Technician at our client you will be responsible for delivering IT support through a combination of onsite and offsite resource. Typically you will deliver 1st line technical support solutions backed by our clients offsite IT service help desk to deal with more complex support issues.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated and enthusiastic. They must be able to priorities jobs, work under pressure and be able to anticipate the changing needs of business or customers. The candidate should be able to process a wide range of information and communicate with whoever they are dealing with. Excellent listening, consulting and communication skills are essential for the role.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide and manage 1st level IT support to all system users through ticket or phone escalation ticket system
- Follow up on outstanding requests in a timely fashion
- Support audio and video equipment usage
- Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records
- Other duties may be added and/or assigned as needed
- Support and monitor the servers, networks and desk top PC’s.
- Prepare new PC’s for internal use to a predetermined specification
- New equipment set up such as laptops and mobile phones
- Setup and troubleshoot printers
- Responsible for the Installation & troubleshooting of:
- MS Office 2010 – 2016
- MS Windows 7 – 10
- MS Windows server 2008 – 2016
- Monitoring and troubleshooting Windows 2008/2012 servers
- Basic network understanding
- Set up and troubleshoot VPNs
- System backups and restores
- Perform moves, and changes to office setup/furniture and IT equipment
- Windows 7, Mac OS X, Google Collaboration Apps and Office 365
- Active Directory maintenance and Exchange 2007 & 2010
- Mac and PC hardware, Printers, scanners, computer peripherals, Mobile devices (iOS, Android)
- Client PC connectivity – ethernet, TCP/IP and VPN
- File server knowledge
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users
- Experience working in a Windows/Mac environment
You will report to the Senior Method Improvement Engineer
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and would like more information please feel free to call 01244 560644 or send your CV to email@example.com