- Injection Mould Technician
- North Wales
- North Wales
- £23k - £26K salary but may be negotiable depending upon experience, (£12 + p/h)
- January 1, 2018
- January 1, 2018
- March 3, 2018
Our client a leading Automotive component parts manufacturer in NORTH WALES is in the market for a key person for their Technical Department.
Ideally you will have a background knowledge of Blow Moulding or Plastics Technology, but Automotive or Aerospace Technology would be advantageous.
- To comply with the Company Health and Safety Policy ensuring that safe working practices are implemented and adhered to.
- Be familiar with relevant company Production Processing and understand all relevant process/job instructions.
- To effectively and safely carry out product changes in the injection moulding and secondary operations of the business
- Ensure that lean management techniques and KPI on tool changing are achieved and managed to maintain targets.
- To liaise with Shift and Management to confirm planned tool changes and shift priorities.
- To ensure that any paperwork or quality systems documentation is completed to specification and company standards.
- Responsible to ensure that the correct setting conditions are loaded from the disks prior to tool change.
- To ensure that any changes to settings are recorded on set organisation standards and paperwork and liaise with quality department to ensure the correct quality standard has been maintained after the setting change.
- To ensure correct process has been followed and removal of all conveyors and other auxiliary equipment away from the machine has been adhered to before removing the current tool from the machine and ensure they are cleaned and working correctly.
- Removing current tool from machine safely and returning to storage rack, dependent on known problems. This includes adhering to company tool change procedure.
- In conjunction with the Shift or Management Team complete start up documentation and end of run report to communicate all known problems while the tool is running and afterwards summarising the tool status before tool is removed.
- Fit new tool into machine safely and ensure that the water circuits, hot runners are connected correctly following tool change procedure.
- To liaise with Plant & Engineering Department to ensure jigs and fixtures, gluing stations etc. are available and fit for production.
- To ensure during tool changes that the process has been issued with the specified ejector bar, clamps, bolts, hot runner leads, core cable and any other auxiliary equipment in clean and good working order
- Once happy with the process, issue a first off sample and sign with Team Leader and during office working hours with the Quality Department. Ensure Quality Department has information on any possible quality risks.
- Ensure 5S procedure is followed at all times and leave working area, including tool box, clean and tidy in line with the company policy.
- Assist Operations Director and Managing Director with proposal for tool improvements and process improvements. Ensure all reports of tool status are communicated after each run.
- Complete a shift hand over log, in conjunction with the Shift or Management Team, maximizing the level of information required for success
- To monitor process/machines with authority to close them down if the product quality, procedures and/or work instructions are not compliant with laid out standards.
- Adhere to company clean desk policy
Competitive Salary offered dependent on shift and experience.
- From £22K +
- Would consider Graduates with the willingness to succeed and progress.
If this sounds like an interesting yet challenging position please call 01244 560644 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.