- Health and Safety Officer
- Health and Safety
- North Wales & Cheshire
- Advantageous dependent on experience
- April 9, 2018
- April 9, 2018
- May 9, 2018
Health and Safety Officer
Our client a leading Aerospace support Organisation whom provides quality controlled and cost effective surface treatments from premature metal and material failures which enable critical components to achieve their maximum potential are looking to appoint a Health and Safety Officer or Graduate that can help assist and improve the Health and Safety function.
Main purpose of the job:
- To ensure the organisation complies with current health and safety legislation and approved code of practice.
- To work proactively with managers to establish and maintain a system that promotes a culture of safe working practices across the organisation.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- To ensure the company’s Health and Safety Policy is implemented consistently across the organisation.
- To monitor, evaluate and review Health and Safety policy and procedure and make recommendations as required.
- To assist in the identification of training needs for employees and develop and deliver training as required.
- To advise the management team on the implications of current and emerging health, safety and welfare legislation, including evaluating options, making recommendations and generating actions plans to ensure compliance across the organisation.
- To support managers to maintain safe systems, providing advice, coaching and practical support.
- To assist managers implement health and safety systems and procedures to meet specific requirements, such as accident reporting and the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) in a consistent and effective manner.
- To carry out audits to evaluate the effectiveness of Health and Safety systems and procedures, and identify and implement improvements.
- To ensure routine health and safety activities and checks are carried out e.g. testing of portable electrical appliances and the review of risk assessments.
- To investigate, or where appropriate, to assist others to investigate the circumstances and causes of accidents and take necessary steps to prevent a recurrence.
- To undertake any other duties as required by management
Education and Qualifications:
- A relevant professional qualification e.g. NEBOSH Diploma
- The ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload
- knowledge of current health and safety legislation
- Salary Depending on experience
- Annual attendance Bonus
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays (shutdown)
- 37 hours a week 8:30 – 4:30 Monday – Thursday and Friday 8:30 – 1:30pm
If you feel you have the attributes for this exciting yet rewarding career then please don’t hesitate to call 01244 560644 or drop ourselves an email.