- Quality Engineer – Aerospace
- Quality Inspection
- up to £30,000 depending on experience
- March 1, 2018
- March 1, 2018
- April 3, 2018
Our Client is a globally recognised company within the Aerospace industry and specialises in metal surface treatments servicing military, aerospace and automotive industries. At the Chester Division our sole business is shot peening service process.
Due to expansion we are in the market for a Quality Engineer on an initial 6 month interim contract.
Reporting to Quality Manager
Salary/Rate: up to £30,000 depending on experience
- Hours of work
- 37hrs per week
- 7.45 – 16.15 Monday to Thursday
- and 7.45 – 12.45 Friday.
Other benefits: Company sick pay after 6 month probation. 23 day annual leave plus Bank holidays
Location: Chester Broughton
The purpose of this role will be to assist the Quality Manager to plan, execute, and monitor system and product compliance, and to be a champion for the ‘quality approach’ to factory work ethics.
Role & Responsibilities
- Motivate quality teams and oversee activities
- Plan key activities in line with corporate quality policies
- Implement all key aspects of corporate quality policies and report status monthly
- Investigate and escalate any serious or unresolved quality issue/non-compliances to Quality or Facility Manager
- Delegate workload as appropriate to relevant personnel in team i.e. Quality Administrator, Inspectors and trained Auditors
- Assisting in fronting quality and QMS representation for 3rd and 2nd party audits with external authorities and customers
- Ability to understand technical drawings
- Conduct quality training to approved inspectors and stamp holder approved staff in inspection, approved operation and approved data review activities.
- Assist management as required to approve customer quality requirements on time and within budget
- Approve Technical documentation such as DSPP sheets and TS for quality compliance for production operations
- First contact for quality representative for Quality Assurance contact
- Liaise with Management Staff and Supervision on all QMS, Operational and special customer requirements
- Investigation and complete no conformity reports
- Assist in disciplinary investigations regarding quality issues
- To undertake any other reasonable requests by the Quality, Facility and Regional Manager to advance both department and business goals.
- Computer literature
- Good Communicator
- Knowledge of NDCAP and TS 9001 quality standards
- Internal Auditing experience
If you would like any further information regards this exciting and interesting career prospect please feel free to call 01244 560644 or email :- email@example.com